Every year over 842,000 people die from waterborne diseases. That’s why we developed WATA™: a local and affordable way to disinfect and treat water.
Using only salt and water, WATA™ technology produces active chlorine locally and at low cost.
The injection of active chlorine into drinking water eliminates 99.9% of the pathogenic microorganisms that it contains. That’s why, according to the WHO, producing chlorine on site is a simple, low-cost and sustainable solution to improve access to drinking water.
- The only things you need are water, salt and energy (mains or solar)
- Local, independent production process
- No logistics
- 1 litre of WATA™ chlorine = 4,000 litres of treated water
- $0.05 / 1,000 litres of drinking water
- One device = several possible applications
- Complete ‘Plug-in & play’ kit
- Low maintenance
- Very easy to use
They use WATA™
WATA™ in action
Drinking water conveyance
In the Donbass region of Ukraine, WATA™ devices are used to chlorinate water systems that supply more than 400,000 people a day.
In Zambia, 55 health centres use WATA™ devices to disinfect premises and ensure that the drinking water at health centres is safe.
In the Democratic Republic of Congo, the Antenna Foundation and Medair use WATA™ to fight against cholera epidemics.